sábado, 4 de setembro de 2010

Mary Shelley


“I am alone and miserable; man will not associate with me; but one as deformed and horrible as myself would not deny herself to me. My companion must be of the same species and have the same defects. This being you must create.”

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley





Mary Shelley



Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, (30 de agosto de 1797 - 1 de fevereiro de 1851), escritora britânica.

" A minha alimentação não é a dos homens. Não tenho que matar cordeiros e cabras para saciar o meu apetite; as glandes e as bagas bastam-me."


- My food is not that of man; I do not destroy the lamb and the kid to glut my appetite; acorns and berries afford me sufficient nourishment.

- Frankenstein, or, The modern Prometheus‎ - Página 79, de Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Printed for G. and W.B. Whittaker, 1823 - 280 páginas

"Nada contribui tanto para tranqüilizar a mente quanto um objetivo claro - um ponto sobre o qual a alma possa fixar seu olhar intelectual".

- nothing contributes so much to tranquillize the mind as a steady purpose — a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.

- Frankenstein, or, The modern Prometheus‎ - Página 4, de Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley - Printed for G. and W.B. Whittaker, 1823 - 280 páginas
http://pt.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mary_Shelley